Coalinga Revolving Loan Fund
Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation
In 2004, a group of local business owners saw the need to come together to form an entity that would serve as a resource center for English and Spanish-speaking business entrepreneurs.
The FAHF provide several programs and services to the Central Valley:
- Provide tools and resources to start-up/existing businesses
- Business development workshops
- Since 2004, we have assisted over 8,000 businesses throughout the Central Valley
- Provide access to capital by identifying the appropriate source of financing and assisting with loan packaging
- Since 2004, we provided over $7M in microloan, creating an economic impact of over $16M
Downtown Business Hub
- Opened in 2011 as a one-stop-shop, bilingual business incubator to provide resources and office space to small businesses.
- Since its grand opening in 2011, the DBH has incubated over 90 small businesses.
- Since 2011, over 1200 jobs have been created/retained and over $3 million of private investment has been generated.
- Currently, the DBH is home to 16 in-house businesses and 15 virtual businesses.
Micro-Loans to Start-up and Existing Businesses for:
- Capital acquisitions (equipment/inventory)
- Business expansion (new location, grow products/service)
- Remodeling (tenant improvements)
- Working capital (payroll, administrative)
- Start a business
Who is eligible?
- US Citizens or Residents
- All with 20% ownership or more
- Max loan amount $25,000
- Term 3-5 years
- Interest approx. 7%-12% (case by case basis)
- Cash injection 10%-15% (based on loan size)
- Collateral if applicable (based on loan size)
- Credit Check (generally 500+)
- Bank Statements
- Tax Returns
- Business Plan / Uses of Funds
- Personal Financial Statement
- Participate in Technical Assistance Program
- Fresno County EDC
- Fresno Regional Workforce Investment Board (Fresno4Biz)
- CDFI’s / Banks
- Small Business Administration
- Fresno Chamber of Commerce
- Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce
- Fresno State/West Hills College
- Coalinga Chamber of Commerce
State and National Partners
James Irvine Foundation 2018-2019
Dora Westerlund, CEO of the Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation was named one of six recipients of the 2017 James Irvine Foundation Leadership Award. The award is in recognition of FAHF's work fostering opportunity through entrepreneurship in the San Joaquin Valley.
The CDFI Program Award is a grant from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and will help lead the path towards becoming an independent Community Development Financial Institution in California.
Listen For Good
The Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation is proud to be one of 47 national grantees that will be participating in the Fund For Shared Insight's Listen For Good program, a sponsored project by the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc. The program focuses on closing the feedback loop mainly in the social sector and philanthropy, aiming to amplify the voices of those least heard.