The City’s Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances of the City Code give the Commission the authority to:
- Approve, conditionally approve, or deny Variances, Special Permits, and Development Plan Reviews (also called "R" Reviews).
- Approve, conditionally approve, or deny Tentative Maps for subdivisions of five or more parcels, except for "Vesting Tentative Map".
- "Call Up" any tentative maps or other Planning Commission decision within 10 days of the action by the Planning Commission.
There is a 10 day appeal period after action by the Planning Commission. If the entitlement is not appealed, the action of the Planning Commission is final. If the entitlement is appealed, the entitlement is heard by the City Council and the action of the City Council is final.
The Commission also serves the City Council in:
- An advisory capacity on other planning matters
- Reviewing and making recommendations on the following:
- General Plan and Community Plan Amendments
- Zone Changes
- Development Agreement
- Planned Unit Development
- Vesting Tentative Map Requests
The City Council takes final action on these entitlements.
Planning Commission meetings are held the Second and Fourth Tuesday of each month, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, located at: 155 West Durian Avenue, Coalinga, CA 93210.
|Ken Stoppenbrink, Chairman|
|Joshua Sailer, Vice Chairman
|Michele Helmar, Commissioner|
|Luis Gonzales, Commissioner|
|James Jacobs, Commissioner|
For information about the Planning Commission please contact Sean Brewer Community Development Director, at (559) 935-1533 ext 143 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org