The role of the Economic Development Department is to market the City of Coalinga and facilitate private investment in accordance with established economic development priorities and adopted land use plans and policies.
Specifically, the Economic Development Department is responsible for the:
- Promotion, marketing and facilitation of identified key development opportunities within the City of Coalinga
- Leveraging of federal, state, and local funding to assist private investment in targeted projects and infrastructure improvements
- Coordination with appropriate City departments to facilitate development projects
- Marketing the City of Coalinga to targeted industries, businesses, and commercial retail users
- Retention, expansion, and/or relocation of existing businesses within the City of Coalinga
- Marketing of the Economic Development Strategy to the residents of the city