As of March 16, 2023 the City Council has by resolution declared that the drought emergency in Coalinga has ended and that Stage I -Standard Water Conservation shall now apply.
The following restrictions shall be applicable throughout the year unless the City Council determines that an increased conservation effort shall be implemented (stage 2 or 3):
- There shall be no hose washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking areas, patios, porches or verandas.
- No water shall be used to clean, fill, operate or maintain levels in decorative fountains unless such water is part of a recirculation system.
- No water customer shall permit water to leak on his or her premises. Such leak shall be repaired in a timely manner after written notification by the City, but in no case in excess of seventy-two (72) hours after notification.
- Designated times and days of irrigation:
- No water customer shall sprinkle, water, or irrigate any shrubbery, trees, lawns, grass, groundcovers, plants, vines, gardens, vegetables, flowers, or any other landscaped or vegetated areas between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. This provision shall not apply to equestrian and livestock businesses, dairies, nurseries, athletic fields, golf courses, or other water dependent industries.
- The use of a hand held hose with a shut-off valve shall be permitted at any time.
- The use of water from fire hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting and related activities necessary to maintain the public health, safety, and welfare. An exception may be made for construction use through a proper city-designated meter where recycled water is not available.