Utility Billing


City utility services include:

  • Garbage
  • Green waste collection
  • Natural gas
  • Recycling
  • Sewer
  • Street sweeping
  • Water


The Finance Department makes it easy to start or stop utility services. Utility service requests to start, transfer or stop service can be processed by speaking to a customer service representative over the counter at City Hall. Requests to start service received any time during the day will usually result in service starting the next business day.

New Service

If you are starting new service, you must present two forms of identification (Social Security Number (SSN), Identification (ID)/Driver’s License or other identification) as well as a rental agreement or ownership documentation before your service request is completed.

Terminating Service

If you are terminating service and have left Coalinga, you need to submit a letter requesting turn-off of your services, immediately. Please provide the service address, your forwarding address, and sign your request. The letter must be submitted by the account holder. To expedite your request, you may fax your letter to 559-935-0995 to the attention of the Utility Department. We cannot process your termination until your letter is received.

CPI Adjustments

Refuse fees will be increased each year beginning July 1, 2019 through July 1, 2022, by the Consumer Price Index formula in the Mid Valley Disposal agreement, specifically, the annual calculated increase based on “All Urban Consumers for US Cities Average Item: Garbage and Trash.” As published by the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.