To qualify for the Military/Veteran Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
• The honoree is an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the United States Armed Forces
• The honoree must be a current resident of Coalinga or have immediate family members that reside in the City of Coalinga
• Must complete and qualify per application
Applications will be accepted during an open application period beginning in January. Banners will be designed and raised in the order that applications are received and approved, and upon space availability.
Applications must include:
- Verification of military status (see note below)
- proof of residency (copy of current City utility bill and copy of current PG&E bill)
- an official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution -150 dpi at 100% and must be sent electronically; no hardcopy photos will be accepted)
To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and submit a copy of the verification page with your application. If a military veteran, please include a copy of the Veteran’s DD214. If you are unable to locate the DD214, you may apply for a copy by visiting the National Archives website.
Military/Veteran Banners will be installed and exhibited downtown between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be presented to the honoree (or applicant) at a future event to be determined.
1-24” X 48” picture banner (made of high quality, UV protected material); includes one decorative streamer-$67.12. Installation, mounting and display hardware will be provided at no additional cost (mounting and display hardware remain the property of the City of Coalinga).
Payment & Application Submission
Payment will be required with application. Please make check payable to: City of Coalinga.
In memo section please write: MVBP and include last name of honoree.
Please return application and attachment to:
City of Coalinga - Public Works Utilities Department
Military/Veteran Banner Program
155 West Durian Avenue
Coalinga, CA 93210