Affordable Housing Resources
Provided here are resources for low income households offered by the City of Coalinga, however, there are several low-income housing options in Fresno County. Finding affordable housing can be a challenge, but there are numerous resources and programs available to assist individuals and families with limited financial means. These resources aim to provide valuable information and resources for those in search of affordable housing in the City of Coalinga and Fresno County.
Affordable Housing Programs
Fresno County offers several programs and initiatives designed to provide affordable housing options for low-income residents in the City of Coalinga. These programs include:
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program: A federal program that helps eligible families and individuals afford safe, decent, and sanitary housing.
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC): A program that encourages the development of affordable rental housing by providing tax incentives to investors.
- Public Housing: Fresno County Housing Authority (FCHA) manages public housing units that are affordable for low-income households.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Programs: Various HUD programs aim to provide housing assistance to low-income families and individuals. https://www.hud.gov/
These programs can be found at the County of Fresno’s Website at: https://www.fresnocountyca.gov/Departments/Social-Services/Assistance-Programs
Several non-profit organizations in Fresno County work to provide affordable housing and support services to low-income individuals and families. Some of the notable organizations include:
- Fresno Housing Authority: Offers affordable housing and supportive services to low-income individuals and families.
- Habitat for Humanity Fresno County: A non-profit organization that helps low-income families build and purchase their own homes.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Fresno: Provides housing assistance and support services to vulnerable populations.
For those facing immediate housing crises, Fresno County provides shelter services. Some organizations operate shelters for homeless individuals and families. You can reach out to organizations like Poverello House, Rescue Mission, and others for assistance.
Fresno County offers various resources to help individuals find affordable housing options. Some of these resources include:
- Fresno Housing Authority (FHA): The FHA website provides information about available programs, applications, and updates on housing availability.
- 211 Fresno County: Dial 2-1-1 to access a wide range of community resources, including housing assistance.
- Social Services: The Fresno County Department of Social Services offers housing and rental assistance programs for eligible residents.
Eligibility and Application
Each housing program and organization may have specific eligibility requirements and application processes. Be sure to check the respective websites or contact them directly for details on how to apply.
Affordable Apartment Complexes
The City of Coalinga and Fresno County has numerous affordable apartment complexes catering to low-income residents. These complexes offer a range of amenities and are often managed by reputable property management companies.
Affordable Housing Compliant Apartment Listings in Coalinga
|Name||Address||Phone Number||Total Units||Population Served|
|Tara Glenn Apartments||550 E Glenn Ave||(559)935-2731||80||Family|
|Ridgeview Apartments||400 Forest Ave||(559)821-8155||42||Non-Targeted|
|Pleasant Valley Pines||141 S Third St||(559)935-2662||52||Large Family|
|Warthan Place Apartments||351 Warthan St||(559)934-0401||81||Large Family|
|Coalinga Pacific Apartments||SE Corner - Pacific/Elm||76||Large Family|
|Warthan Place II Apartments||351 Warthan St||(559)934-0401||81||Large Family|
|Valle Del Sol Senior Apartments||422 E Polk St||(559)786-2540||40||Senior|
|West Hills Apartments||500 Pacific St||(559)935-1138||65||Senior|
|Westwood I Apartments||201 W Polk St||(559)935-1581||102||Family|
Coalinga First Time Home Buyer and Housing Rehabilitation Programs
The City of Coalinga administers a first home buyer program and housing rehabilitation program for income qualifying applicants. The attached flyers below offer program information and contacts to the City's program administrators Self Help Enterprises.